Buyers want to physically look at homes. Even though they first look at homes online, they narrow down their choices and then look at their choices in person. As someone who is selling your home “For Sale by Owner in Maryland” you need to be accommodating. Obviously, you have no need for a seller representation by a real estate agent. However, be prepared to work with a real estate buyer’s agent.
The majority of today’s buyers are represented by a buyer’s agent. The buyer’s agent is only obligated to assist buyers. When a real estate agent wants to show your property, it is for 2 reasons: the buyers are highly qualified buyers who have been pre-qualified or pre-approved for a loan, AND those same buyers are serious buyers who want to buy NOW. In addition, when that buyer wants to write a offer on your property, the agent will make sure all the required Maryland documents are prepared and completed. As a seller, this protects you legally.
- Be available to show your home whenever prospective buyers want to preview your property.
- Return and phone calls, emails or texts promptly.
- Separate the “lookers” from the qualified buyers.
- Install a lockbox for those those time when you can’t personally provide access to buyers.
- Offer a commission to real estate buyer agents. A real estate agent who is representing an interested buyer will prepare an offer on your home as long as you are offering a commission. Not willing to offer a buyer’s agent commission? Then you are missing out on offers. Most buyers have their own personal buyer’s agent for their own legal protection and for expert advice. Why would you want to exclude those real, qualified buyers?
Click HERE to go to the Step 6 – NEGOTIATING OFFERS