Manchester Farms is a popular neighborhood located in Manchester, Maryland. Manchester Farms has been constructed in multiple phases by Bob Ward Homes. The fifth and final phase, consisting of Starlight Court, is currently under construction. This final phase of Manchester Farms consists of 15 homes situated on 1/3 – 1/2 acres sites. These homes will have public sewer and public water. If you are thinking about buying a new Bob Ward Home in Manchester Farms, you need someone on your side… someone who will guide you, look out for you, and make sure your interests are represented. You need a buyer’s agent.
A buyer’s agent will help you have peace of mind when buying a new home in Manchester Farms. Here are some reasons why a buyer’s agent is right for you.
1. A buyer’s agent is FREE. Yes, real estate agents earn commissions. However, in Maryland, commisssions are paid by the seller. In this case, the commission is paid by Bob Ward Homes. You have all the advantages of having an agent represent and guide you, at no additonal cost to you.
2. You avoid dual agency. If you choose not to work with a buyer’s agent, you will be in a dual agency situation. This means the representative for Bob Ward Homes will be working directly with you as the buyer and also the builder, while representing only Bob Ward Homes. Anything you say can actually be used to your disadvantage.
3. A buyer’s agent will represent you explicitly. This means your buyer’s agent will work directly with you to make sure your needs are met and questions are answered. You buyer’s agent will be your greatest resource and source of reliable information. Your buyer’s agent is your “go to” person for all your questions and updates. Your buyer’s agent is your direct link between you and Bob Ward Homes.
4. A buyer’s agent will read and explain the contract to you. Your buyer’s agent will make sure the contract protects you, and will make sure you understand it completely. Your buyer’s agent will not say “sign here” or “initial there” without first making sure you understand what you are agreeing to. A home purchase contract is a legal document to which you are bound. A buyer’s agent will make sure you are covered and protected.
5. A buyer’s agent will provide advice and suggestions along the way. For example, maybe you are thinking about upgrading to granite countertops. The builder will be happy to provide that upgrade at an additional cost. Your buyer’s agent may be able to save you money by suggesting you have them installed after you move in at a lesser cost. A buyer’s agent will also help you avoid “too many upgrades” that could affect your ability to resell your new home in the future.
6. A buyer’s agent has the resources to analyze local neighborhood data. Your buyer’s agent has the ability to research all market data for the entire Manchester Farms neighborhood. This will help you in determining how much you should pay for your new Manchester Farms home.
7. A buyer’s agent negotiates for their buyer. Without a buyer’s agent, you will negotiate on your own with the Bob Ward Homes salesperson. This salesperson is paid to get you to sign for the highest price possible. However, your own personal buyer’s agent will negotiate on your behalf so you don’t get taken advantage of by the salesperson.
8. A buyer’s agent helps with financing options. Financing is an important part of the home buying process. It’s not “one size fits all”. Interest rates, types of loans, mortgage programs and additional fees vary from one lender to the next. Most home builders have a relationship with a lender, and will sometimes “dangle a carrot” to convince you to use their preferred lender to finance your new home in Manchester Farms. Your buyer’s agent has a list of various reputable lenders and will help you find the type of loan that will best fit your financial needs.
9. A buyer’s agent will know which inspections to recommend. Yes, even though it’s new construction, you should still request inspections prior to taking ownership of a new home in Manchester Farms. A home inspection will ensure all aspects of the construction are done properly and according to code. A home inspector will make sure all appliances are functional, will check the plumbing and wiring, will check the heating and cooling systems, and much more. If something was not constructed correctly, your buyer’s agent will negotiate the proper repairs and corrections for you. As a buyer, you want to be sure any problems are corrected before you settle on the property and move in. If you choose not to have a buyer’s agent and discover any issues after you move in, you may have a more difficult time obtaining repairs and corrections. Your buyer’s agent will provide you with a list of reputable and licensed home inspectors from which you can choose. Your buyer’s agent will also know if there are any other types of inspections you should consider. In Manchester, another type of inspection which is important is a radon inspection. Radon, which poses a serious health risk for lung cancer, is present throughout the United States in various degrees. Manchester, like other areas throughout Carroll County, has areas of elevated radon. Your buyer’s agent will know who to recommend for testing. Should your home in Manchester Farms have elevated levels of radon, your buyer’s agent can negotiate radon remediation with Bob Ward Homes to reduce the risk to you and your family.
10. A buyer’s agent will stay in contact with you after you buy your new home. You will always have someone on your side, someone you can call when you need answers. For example, if the air conditioning would stop working, your buyer’s agent will be able to recommend licensed and reputable technicians who can evaluate and repair the problem. Maybe you would like to add additional landscaping. Your buyer’s agent will know who to recommend. After you purchase your new home in Manchester Farms, the builder will not be a future resource for you, but your buyer’s agent will always be a trusted resource.
In conclusion, obtaining a buyer’s agent is an important first step before buying a home in Manchester Farms. Actually, it is a good idea to take your buyer’s agent with you when you go preview the model home. The model is located at the corner of Susanann Drive and Starlight Court. The model home, currently under construction, is pictured above. A buyer’s agent will cost you nothing, will be your personal agent, will represent you, will guide you, and will provide the information and resources you need to comfortably make all the decisions that must be made. Your buyer’s agent will walk you step-by-step throughout the entire buying process, will be with you at settlement, and will be your trusted resource after you have moved into your new Bob Ward Home in Manchester Farms.
Contact a dedicated Manchester Farms buyer’s agent to learn more: